Extra-biblical prophecies: How do we weigh them?

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

We know that Jesus said to watch for the signs of the times and to be ready for His return as conquering King. And while many Christians today shrug off these words Jesus had to say as if it didn’t apply to them, we believe God’s Word – all of it – including the nearly 30 percent of it that is prophecy, is important for Christians today.

When His disciples pulled him aside and asked Jesus what would be the sign of His return, The very first thing He said was, Make sure that you are not deceived. (see TRUE OR FALSE PROPHET? 4 WAYS TO TELL FOR SURE)

A little later on, we’re going to look at what we know for sure about what Jesus said would happen, and weigh them against what we think, wish or hope would happen.

2 Peter 3:10-11 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives…

Today’s Episode:
[powerpress]
Subscribe (RSS | iTunes) Having trouble with this podcast? Click Here for tips.
We are 100% Listener supported. Donate now!

Up first we are going to talk about a prophecy you won’t find in the Bible regarding the death of former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. Sharon has been in a coma for the past eight years following a stroke, and he died this past Sunday at the age of 85.  No, you won’t see flags at half staff for him as you did for Nelson Mandela, but you will see some headlines from bloggers asking if a particular prophecy has been fulfilled. What are they talking about?

They are asking about the Rabbi who allegedly found Jesus.  Rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri made news one year after his death a couple of years ago when scholars found a note he had written that he instructed should be opened a year after his passing. In the short note he revealed -(not embraced or proclaimed, but wrote down) a cryptic message that, when you take the first letters of each word, spells out a single name that he said would be the name of the real the Messiah, Yeshua Jesus.  This note shocked his family, who has denied this as a hoax. What’s even more interesting is that this rabbi was a Kabbalist, which is a false religion. How could God reveal His truth to someone in this particular sect that most Jewish scholars and Christians believe is not biblical?

We want to make sure we are not crossing any theological lines by making any claims about this Rabbi.  We have no proof of his regeneration by the Holy Spirit, and we also need to remind you that even the demons know that Christ is the Savior.  That said, here is a video made by our guest today,  Carl Gallups, author of a new book, The Rabbi Who Found Messiah.

Carl is senior pastor of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Florida, and he also hosts of YouTube “God and Country” channel, PPSIMMONS. His other books include one specifically for helping Christians share Christ with Atheists titled, The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith.

*Note to our listeners about this program: I apologize for not saying what I should have said this day, but I did make this statement the next day (Wednesday Jan 15): I do not recommend this book, which I believe sets up the dangerous assumption first of asking “what if” without giving clear biblical answers, and then slipping into “if/then” assumptions. The Bible verses we shared shows that Rabbi Kaduri, without a doubt, was a false prophet. Of this we can be sure, and I should have said so as it became clear.  — Amy Spreeman

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Extra-biblical prophecies: How do we weigh them?”

1. Carol Von Canon #

When I first heard this about Rabbi Kaduri, I too thought it was a true prophecy. However, I began to investigate, reading all that I could find about this rabbi and his prophecy, and discovered that on his own website, the rabbi said such things as that the Messiah was already in Israel, and had no awareness of who he was, but the spirit of Messiah was to come on him and he would then know. Rabbi Kuduri further said that the Messiah would not be a ruler, but be as the common people.

My Bible tells me that the true Messiah, Jesus/Yeshua is at the right hand of God in the heavenlies making intersession for us, not walking the streets of Jerusalem in a fog as to who He is, and that when He comes He will come as King and Ruler of His people in victory, taking vengeance on His enemies.

I do not doubt that Rabbi Kaduri had a vision of someone who called himself Yehoshua and claimed to be the Messiah, but I have to ask, is this another Jesus? What better way for Satan to deceive, even the elect if it were possible, then by appearing to one of his own (a Kabbalist) as an angel of light, and identifying himself by the name that is above all names?

We know that the apostacy is in full swing, so that the man of perdition’s time to be revealed is near, but we must heed the Lord’s words to us regarding not being deceived!

Jas_5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
    Jas_5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

He is coming soon, and every eye shall see Him!!!!!!!!!!

January 14, 2014 at 10:07 am
    • Carol, that is the conclusion I (Amy) have come to as well. I asked tough questions in this interview and stand by my concerns. The Rabbi is being called a prophet, and as such we need to judge whether he is a true or false one. There is no squishy middle ground, nor can we ask “What if,” or leave readers with the same questions that they came in with.

We do not judge true from false prophets based on number of fans web hits or book sales or whether someone’s vision lines up with the fact that many other people are having dreams and visions these days. We line up EVERYTHING with Scripture as you have done.

the Apostle Paul was given as an example of God using a false teacher to spread the Good News. But remember that Paul did not spread the Gospel as an unregenerate believer; he did so as one whom God did save from a false faith.

This in mind, one of the tests for a true prophet is that his predictions are 100 percent true 100 percent of the time. That’s not my opinion, but what God Himself said. It’s one of four tests I’ve linked to in the above article – a MUST read. And if a prophet passes any 3 of the tests and not the 4th, DO NOT BELIEVE HIM. He is a false prophet and those who have followed him need to repent.

January 14, 2014 at 11:07 am
  2. Marie #

Thank-You Carol for this important information and for a warning concerning extra Biblical revelations. I appreciate this!

Mr. Kahn has been invited into many institutional church systems via what is called his harbinger bible studies. In these forums, Mr. Kahn’s words and ivision take presedence over our Holy Scriptures and souls leave believing on every word of a man and it grieves me that no one tests the spirits, in context, against the very word of our LORD. Just because someone chooses to accentuate their name with “rabbi” or “pastor” does not mean they are trusting in God, the Holy Spirit, for their learning. for Jesus even said that He would send a Helper (the Holy Spirit), and He (the Holy Spirit) would testify of Me (Jesus). When extra-biblcal revelation glorifies the self, in this case a man who claims visions and extra Biblical knowledge, and calls attention to himself in the form of books, lectures, and conferences in which he is profiting from, then I, the average born of the Spirit of God believer, must ask myself, “Is Mr. Kahn truly, truly, truly glorifying Jesus Christ above all Names, or is he glorifying himself using the veneer of a jesus like spirit?”

More and more I choose to believe the latter part of this question. When a people follows a man and glorifies his teachings above our LORD Jesus Christ, then I choose to err on the side of our LORD through His Scriptures, and Jesus alone.

January 14, 2014 at 11:01 am
    • Mr.Cahn is highly involved in this project, as is WND’s Joe Farrah, who has recently allowed the Sid Roth Soaking Prayer video tutorial to remain on his WND website, even after watchmen and women have begged him to take it down.

January 14, 2014 at 11:08 am
    • Ima Believer #

Thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain. (Exodus 20:7). And in my opinion that is exactly what these charlatans are doing. Using God’s name to sell their books.

January 14, 2014 at 10:32 pm
  3. Ima Believer #

Eighty-eight reasons why Jesus will come in 1988. Yet another ‘end time’ book for the trash heap.

“Look Jesus is over there… no, He is over here.” Jesus warned us about this. Are we listening?

January 14, 2014 at 10:30 pm
  4. Kim #

I noticed in this interview Carl said wouldn’t it be just like God to use this old Jewish Rabbi. When Jesus told the parable of Lazarus and the rich man and the rich man wanted Lazarus to be sent back to warn his family of hell, he was told they have the moses and the prophets, let them listen to them. Well today we have Moses, the prophets, and the Apostles who wrote the N.T. They are to hear them because it is the Gospel that is the power unto salvation.

I believe in the rapture and I believe there will be the time of “Jacob’s Trouble”. I believe during this time there will obviously be extra ordinary things happening, however all of those things are even recorded for us in the Bible.

I hope for this old rabbi’s soul sake he did really come to faith in Christ, however I doubt that he had any special revelation from God.

January 19, 2014 at 6:17 pm
  5. Donna #

I am glad you replied to Carol as I had a lot of the same concerns. In these last days God speaks to us through his son, his word. We do not need extra biblical revelation. I do not understand a “Christian” using a false prophet to sell a book. Having said that I do hope that rabbi repented and trusted Christ. God Bless.

January 20, 2014 at 11:29 am
  6. Cassi #

I also would like to send out a warning concerning the “dream interpretation’ movement now infiltrating much of the church, which DOES include extra Biblical revelations. Many within this movement will say “i dreamt about you last week!” or “I have been having dreams about you” in order to 1) proclaim their spiritual elitism in saying “This came from the lord (another lord)” and “Thus saith the lord (another lord), 2) manipulate and contol you with so called “divine revelation” they feel is “authoriative” beyond the written Word of God, 3) call out followers unot themselves for men and women adore being revered far and above our LORD Jesus Christ…is this not the spirit of the antichrist which literally means “in place of Christ.”

Please beware of these people who choose to direct your paths with their revelations rather than relying on God, the Holy Spirit, to direct your own path through the written Word of our LORD Jesus Christ. It is imperative to our soul to be reading, studying, and meditating upon the very Word of God daily so that we, personally, can test the spirits to see if everything we read and hear is the absolute truth of God.

I believe these “dream weavers” are part of the lying signs and wonders group, whom Jesus called out in His ministry…””But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Johan.” Matthew 12:39; “A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” Matthew 16:4 “The coming of the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with t he breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.” 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10

Please examine the fruits of those who claim extra Biblical revelations for the fruits of their lives more often than not, will manifest adulterous relationships whether in the physical or in the thought processes, resulting in many shipwrecked marriages within this movement. Jesus warned us of this wickedness and I pray for God, the Holy Spirit to call His people out from amongst the wolves in sheep’s clothing.

January 20, 2014 at 12:34 pm
  7. Thank you for every other excellent write-up. Wherever different may perhaps anybody get that sort of data in their normal best way of writing? For sale demonstration up coming week, for for the search for such information.

January 20, 2014 at 6:04 pm